There may be some terms that we use that your unfamiliar with or some questions your have about Utah Barns. Don't worry, your not the first. Here is a list of some of the more common questions and their answers.
We've got you covered
Utah Barns
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Do I need a Permit?
A: Maybe, it depends on your city, county, state, and community codes and regulations that determine your need for a permit. You can visit your local Court House for any permit requirements and to obtain one.

Q: Who is responsible for optaining the permit?
A: You are. We supple any stamps and drawings for a fee.

Q: How long is the delivery time?
A: It Varies, but 2-6 weeks is our average delivery time. We do not guarantee any timeframe of delivery, but do put forth a good faith effort to schedule in advace for particular days.

Q: How can I pay?
A: We Prefer certified checks or credit, but we do accept cash and checks.

Q: How long will take to install my building?
A: Our crews can put a standard double carport in as little as 45 minutes. However, building size greatly effects installation time.

Q: What are Anchors and what kind do I need?
A: several factors including your foundation, the height of the building, and the certification requirmetns. Typically, you wil want to upgrade from the free pin anchors. For buildings on the ground we recommend mobile home anchors or cement anchors. If it's on a slab concrete anchor bolts are best. If your building is taller than 8 feet, we highly recommend optional ground concrete supports.

Q: Why do you recommend Vertical roofs?
A: We recommend vertical roofs because they have additional H-channels supporting the panels that add additonal strength to the building as well as allowing water, snow, and debris to run easily off the sides.

Q: What is a Gauge, and what is the difference vetween 12 and 14 gauges?
A: A gauge is a unit of measurement used to measure the thickness of a material where the lower number represents a thicker material. We offer 12 and 14 gauge square tubing options for the framing on non web truss buildings. The 12 gauge is stronger and has a 20 year rust through warranty.

Q: What Warranties do you offer?
A: We offer a 10 day workmanship warranty on all of our buildings (meaning you have 10 days after the install date to test and check your building for any imperfection, and we will fix any misstake for free). We also offer a 20 year rust through warranty on our 12 gauge frames, given normal user care (meaning if your fram starts to rust within 20 years of the install date, we will replace it).

Q: What is the difference between certified buildings and Un-Certified buildings?
A: A certified building has added support built into it to meet standard codes to insure that the building will hold up to certain extreme natural conditions such as snow and wind loads. An Un-certified building does not have that added support, but is expected to withstand average natural conditions.

Q: I'm purchasing a 10 ft tall RV cover. Should I get additional support?
A: Yes! We highly recommend that for any building over 8 feet tall that you get optional ground concrete supports. Extra braces and a gabled end also help support a taller buildng.
Contact UsUtah Barns • Copyright all rights reserved 2012 •

Salt Lake CitySt. GeorgeOgdenProvoMoabLoganPark CityOremCedar CityKanab SpringdaleSandyGreen RiverPricePanguitch

Carports Nation Wide!

First Name
Email Address
Your question